Q3 Wholesale Newsletter
PHILANTHROPY: PLA PARTNER FEATURES
Each month this year, we are highlighting some of our amazing partnerships through the Xplorer Maps’ social media channels. With every partnership, collaboration on the front end helps create the original, custom hand-drawn map. Input and guidance from expert National Park Service interpretive specialists throughout the process assure content relevance, accuracy, and educational merit. And on the back end, Xplorer Maps donates a percentage of the “map merch” proceeds in perpetuity to our non-profit partner. This philanthropic aspect of our mission directly assists these organizations in meeting their missions, and we are very proud to play a small part in advocating for the education and conservation of our Public Lands. Take a look below at our partnership features for Q3 2022.
- July: North Cascades Institute - The North Cascades Institute facilitates place-based learning in a beautiful setting on the banks of Lake Diablo in the heart of the Cascades mountains of Washington. Earlier this year at the Public Lands Alliance trade show in St Louis, we sat down with Finance Director, Patrick Renau of the North Cascades Institute to interview him. Follow this link to read the blog: https://bit.ly/NorthCascadesInterview This year, we donated $1849.57 back to the Institute from sales of our North Cascades map products.
- August: Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association - With helpful insight and input from the Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association, we collaborated on our map of Isle Royale National Park in 2020. Read our blog on what to do and how to get to Isle Royale here: https://bit.ly/XMblogIsleRoyale. IRKPA will receive a donation from proceeds in the amount of $540.22.
- September: Shenandoah National Park Association: We were very thankful to have met with and interviewed Greta Miller, the Executive Director of the Shenandoah National Park Association this past March at the Public Lands Alliance Trade Show. While at the show, we presented her with a donation of $2,519.17! Follow this link to read the full interview: https://bit.ly/ShenandoahInterview.
Alaska Day Celebration!
Alaska Day: (October 18th) is the official state holiday celebrating when Alaska became an official U.S. territory. Follow along on our social media channels as we celebrate Alaska for the entire month of October. And as an extra bonus for our Alaska partners, we’re offering the chance to win $200 in free product on your next order when you submit a photo of your Xplorer Maps store display along with a brief testimonial sharing some news about the Xplorer Maps story and brand and how it is resonating with your customers.
FALL TRADE SHOWS -
The trade show season has started off with a bang! We were overwhelmed at the response from buyers at the Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show, culminating in the best show ever in our 10-year history! Dozens of new accounts included exciting expansion throughout Alaska, California, and Hawaii, in particular. Thank you so much for trusting us with your buying decisions! With outstanding customer service; superior, unique, and original artwork; and outstanding turnaround times, we continue working overtime to earn your business and build meaningful relationships. With Las Vegas now behind us, we cautiously hope this indicates a surge in buying interest and travel trends and indicates that 2023 might indeed be already gaining momentum.
- Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show was held in Las Vegas, Nevada this past month, September 20-23, 2022. It was truly a wonderful success to start off our season.
- Northern New England Gift Show will be held in Bartlett, New Hampshire this fall from October 25-27th. Find us at booth #47-48. With the recent release of our new maps of Maine and New Hampshire, we are growing our collection of hand-drawn maps deeper into the New England region. This will be our 2nd year exhibiting at this show and we’re excited to expand our partnership with McCabe & Associates; our new Rep Group covering Xplorer Maps in the 6-state area. If the smashing success in “Year One” with the Cape Cod and Boston lines is any indication, these two new maps should be very well received providing great additions for both residents and visitors to New England.
- Ocean City Gift Show will be held in Ocean City, Maryland from October 30 - November 1, 2022. We will be located at booth #230. This is our first time exhibiting at this show and our first opportunity to “co-market” the brand with Philip David Company; another new Rep Group partnership for us covering the Mid-Atlantic region. With new custom maps of Chesapeake Bay, Cape May, Pennsylvania, and Virginia’s Historic Triangle all ready for the 2023 season, we are super excited to share our line with an entirely new audience.
- Smoky Mountain Gift Show: Held from November 9-12th in wonderful Gatlinburg, Tennessee in the heart of the Smokies. Now in our 7th year attending, we always look forward to this show and reconnecting with our southern friends and new prospects in the region. This year, we’re looking forward to sharing a new map of The Outer Banks and a couple more “southeastern surprises” for folks in the area You can find us at booth #4408!
Need to make wholesale orders with us? Visit our catalog here!
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE
Our new products for 2022 are doing fantastic with tremendous re-orders in Las Vegas! If you haven’t seen them yet, check out our new pouch totes and stickers!
- Pouch Totes - Full line of map pouch totes are now available!
- Stickers - Full line of stickers is now available on our website!
Available for Spring 2023, we now have two additional new products in the line-up that we have spent the past year “perfecting”. So we’re very excited to show you a sneak peek at our 16-ounce; double-wall stainless steel travel drinkware and our flour sack kitchen towels. With more than 40 different designs available and excellent pre-orders taken at the Las Vegas Souvenir and Resort Gift Show, we are sure these will be a hit in the coming year!
...& HOPES FOR Q4 2022
- The official release for our next maps up in our production queue: Cape May and Outer Banks (both MAPS will be available just before the holidays with the full product line shipping in late spring of 2023)
- Continued collaborative development on three partnership fronts
- Ecology Project International is a Missoula-based non-profit organization that aids in place-based learning for children and adults in a variety of locations worldwide. Costa Rica will be our first custom map with these amazing folks followed hopefully by map projects in Belize, Galapagos, and Baja in future years.
- Big Sky Passenger Rail Authority is another Missoula-based non-profit that is spearheading the nationwide effort to restore passenger rail for folks from Chicago to Seattle positively impacting 14 different states and hundreds of communities along all the proposed routes. The original artwork was donated to help with their fundraising efforts along with a series of 100 signed and numbered Limited Edition prints.
- Masai Mara Conservancies: An amazing new partnership for Xplorer Maps involving the Kenyan Wildlife Service and the local Mara Conservancies that make up this incredible landscape in East Africa. This is the “official” beginning of our journey into Africa with a different custom project lined up each year for the next decade! Really looking forward to the boots on the ground “traveling research”.
- Continued Philanthropy is made possible through the many collaborative map partnerships we have formed over the past few years. With each Public Lands Alliance partnership, a portion of “map merch” proceeds is donated back to that organization. Look out on our Social Media channels for upcoming partnership highlights in Q4, listed below:
- October: Alaska Geographic
- November: Great Smoky Mountains Association
- December: Southern Nevada Conservancy
- New Map Releases:
- Greater Northwest Passenger Rail - Montana partnership with Big Sky Rail Authority.
- Chesapeake Bay (MD and VA) available now!
- Cape May will be released in early December in time for the holidays.
- *Note - this is a partial rendering and not the completed version of this map!
- Outer Banks of North Carolina will be released in early December in time for the holidays.