WHOLESALE Newsletter: Highlights & Hopes
Xplorer Maps is excited to share our 2021 Highlights and 2022 Quarter 1 Hopes as we look forward and prepare for another incredible year. We are sincerely grateful and humbled by our recent success which is the result of hard work and passion from our growing team; amazing support from our existing and new accounts; and no doubt, some good fortune along the way. Coinciding with our 10th anniversary, 2021 was our greatest sales year ever despite the ongoing challenges we are all facing. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING SUPPORT AND HERE’S TO THE NEXT 10 YEARS!
- Xplorer Maps added more than 200 new accounts nation-wide in 2021
- Return to In-person Trade Shows: Atlanta (Jan. 2021); Northern Michigan (May 2021); Las Vegas (October 2021) and Great Smokies (November 2021)
- Warehouse Expansion: We doubled our square footage (and staff!) and are now better positioned to process, pick, pack and ship your orders most efficiently. We guarantee a 1-5 day in-season turnaround!
- New Rep Groups: We are excited to welcome Algers (Michigan) and McCabe & Associates (New England). We’re all rockin’ it together!
- New Team Members: See featured story below.
...& Hopes for 2022
- Full-scale Trade Show Schedule (see details below)
- Supply Chain: Xplorer Maps is bringing in 1.5 years of inventory over the next 60 days. We are proud (and a wee bit anxious!) to do this for ALL OF YOU after so many supply chain challenges the past 18 months. We will not run out of stock in 2022!
- More New Products: Stuffable Pouch Totes, Neck and Face Gaiters, Oval Stickers, 16 oz. Stainless Steel Drinkware
- Customer Service: Xplorer Maps is committed to building upon our excellent customer service and hope to improve turnaround times even further!
Trade Show Schedule 2022:
Trade Shows are back!
- America’s Mart, Atlanta - Jan. 11th-15th, Booth #1320
- Philadelphia Gift Show, Philly - Jan. 30th- Feb. 2nd, Booth #726
- Rocky Mountain Gift Show, Denver - Feb. 21st-23rd, Booth #851-950
- Public Lands Association, St. Louis - March 8-9th, Booth #811-815
- The Gathering, San Diego - April 27-29, Booth TBA
- SF NOW, San Francisco - April 26-28, Booth TBA
- ZERO minimums. ALL PRODUCTS; ALL THE TIME. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- NET 60 or JUNE 1ST DATING on any orders over $1500
- FREE DISPLAYS (Standard and Deluxe Counter versions) on orders of $500 or more. We are giving away 25 of each on a first-come; first serve basis. Book your order today to get yours!
Connecting People & Place -Vendor Highlight
Bailey’s General Store
Our customers are so important to us and we love getting to know the people that share our love for maps and the special places we cherish the most. In 2017, our commissioned Sanibel-Captiva Island map was released, and from the outset, Bailey’s General Store has been an amazing vendor to work with. We spoke with Jim Glasgow about our products and their island community!
Q: Can you tell us a little about the store history?
A: Bailey’s General Store was founded in 1899. Originally, it was located on a dock near the coast, where it was called Sanibel Packing Company. A hurricane ended up destroying the dock and they ended up moving inland as soon as the causeway was built. and they were the receivers of everything coming into the island. The store has since been passed down through the generations.
Q: How did you first hear about our products?
A: Your sales team reached out to us and sent samples, and when we saw the hand-drawn artwork of the island we knew it would be a great fit!
Q: Can you tell us any customer feedback you may receive?
A: The customers seem to love the product and can’t get enough.
Q: Which of our products are the best seller for Bailey’s?
A: The best-selling products are definitely the blankets- people love them!
Q: How has the customer service been with Xplorer Maps?
A: I like working with XPLORER - they suggested we switch to pallet delivery and that has worked out well for us. We will do that again.
Q: What is one word or phrase to describe Xplorer Maps?
Enter To Win
CONGRATULATIONS TO BAILEY’S GENERAL STORE FOR BEING OUR FIRST “VENDOR OF THE MONTH!!”
Would YOU like to be our vendor highlight for the next quarter? For the chance to win FREE SHIPPING on your next order with Xplorer Maps, please email 3 photos of your store display of Xplorer Maps products and a testimonial to email@example.com. The winner will be randomly selected and announced in our next newsletter.
As our business has grown, so has our team! Our in-house staff is vital to the operations and functioning of Xplorer Maps. Two of our newest team members are Carmen Viergutz & Whitney Smith!
Carmen Viergutz joined the team in August of 2020 as our bookkeeper and QuickBooks specialist. Carmen is from Duluth, Minnesota but has called Missoula home for the last three years. Mother of four and ‘Nana’ to three, Carmen enjoys spending time with family. An avid traveler, she has visited 40 states and has traveled abroad to England, Wales, and Scotland. When answering the question, “what does connecting people & place mean to you?” Carmen says that the memorabilia she purchases for herself and loved ones while traveling allows her to remember the people she met and the places she visited, all while bringing a huge smile to her face. She says that contributing to the local economy on her vacations help support the places she loves for years to come.
Whitney Smith joined the Xplorer Maps team in October of 2021. As our new Warehouse Manager, she has been organizing and diligently packaging all orders placed on our website. Whitney loves to travel, and often daydreams about her time spent in Japan, where she had the best ramen of her life. Her number one goal with travel is to run out of pages in her passport before needing to get it renewed! When answering the question, “what does connecting people & place mean to you?” Whitney says “for me, connecting people and place means traveling to new places and exploring, appreciating, and learning about them in a way that just isn't possible through articles or photos. It's becoming so immersed in a different culture that you have no choice but to see things from a new perspective. It's understanding where you come from and keeping meaningful traditions alive. It's making sustainable choices so people can continue connecting to places for generations to come.”
Map Updates - New Release!
On the heels of recent releases Cape Cod and Boston, Xplorer Maps is excited to continue our push deeper into New England with TWO new maps: New Hampshire (February 20th) and Maine (March 31st)! Working closely with McCabe and Associates, our New England Rep Group, the initial response from these areas is incredibly encouraging and we’re looking forward to exceptional success in these new territories for our line of custom hand-drawn map products.
The new year is upon us and with it comes new maps and new projects! Each year, we strive to develop and release 5-6 new custom map designs. Greg Robitaille (Xplorer Maps Co-Founder & President) spends months researching the ideal scale, scope and design layout and working together with our partners, fine tunes and massages the illustrative content to develop a to-scale, realistic representation of your favorite places. Chris Robitaille (Xplorer Maps Co-Founder & Creative Director) then takes over and creates a “conceptual sketch” from which the original artistic process begins. These hand-illustrated maps are rendered using a pen & ink medium with multiple watercolor washes applied to help make each unique and awe-inspiring. Connecting People and Place and encouraging education, conservation and preservation of our favorite places are at the core of the Xplorer Maps mission.
Keep an eye on our social media pages for on-going updates on these maps!
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE
AVAILABLE NOW! Die-Cut Stickers - These high-quality vinyl, oval-shaped stickers are 100% Made in the USA and are fully removable and re-stickable. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use, you can stick these anywhere you need an artful reminder. The stickers measure 5.5” by 3.5.” Pre-booked orders are through the roof and we’re excited to have these great stickers to share with you this year!
Neck Gaiters - Our incredibly soft and comfortable neck gaiters are perfect for protecting from the wind and sun on long hikes, ski trips, fishing or any other of your favorite outdoor pursuits. Show off your favorite place on your face! Xplorer Maps neck gaiters feature a cinch to keep the face covering in place. The fabric is soft, lightweight and stretchy. Material is 92% polyester and 8% spandex. Look for these to be released in the next week!
Stuffable Pouch Totes - these totes are perfect for taking your favorite place with you to the grocery store, beach or Farmer’s Market. The totes are packable and feature a small carabiner hook. We’re excited to release these totes in March!