Q2 Wholesale Newsletter
VENDOR SPOTLIGHT - Connecting People and Place
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALLEY CAT ANTIQUES FOR BEING SELECTED AS OUR Q2 “VENDOR OF THE MONTH!!”
Alley Cat Antiques have won free shipping on their next order!
Would YOU like to be our vendor highlight for the next quarter? For the chance to win FREE SHIPPING on your next order with Xplorer Maps, please email 3 photos of your store display of Xplorer Maps products and a brief yet compelling testimonial to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be randomly selected and announced in our next newsletter, on September 29th.
PHILANTHROPY: PLA PARTNER FEATURES
Each month this year, we are highlighting some of our amazing partnerships through the Xplorer Maps’ social media channels. With every partnership, collaboration on the front end creates the original, custom hand-drawn map and on the back end, Xplorer Maps donates in perpetuity a percentage of the “map merch” proceeds back to our non-profit partner. This philanthropic aspect of our mission directly assists these organizations in meeting their missions, and we are very proud to play a small part in advocating for the education and conservation of our Public Lands. Take a look below at our partnership features for Q2 2022.
- April: Central Coast State Parks Association - The California central coast overseas 10 state parks throughout Central California. We are happy to have donated $537.53 in cash to CCSPA. Read our interview with Director, Kristin Howland, here.
- May: Catalina Island Conservancy is the official non-profit of Santa Catalina Island. From map sales of the Catalina Island map, we were excited to have donated $1,007.20 in cash. Read our interview with Denise Morris, here.
- June: Rocky Mountain Conservancy Happy to have donated $3,572.96 to RM Conservancy from sales of our Rocky Mountain National Park map. Read our interview here.
TRADE SHOWS -
We've been busy with trade shows all over the country so far this year, with more to come!
- The Gathering West in San Diego was an exciting first-time opportunity for us to showcase our growing brand to new audiences. The intimate setting allowed our team to meet with buyers and vendors in one on one settings…..and those meetings have really paid off! Exciting new sales traction in Olympic and Yosemite National Parks, awesome new partners in Hawaii with our most recently released custom map, and new partners in the mid-Atlantic region are really setting the tone as we head into summer!
- San Francisco Now Gift Show was happening simultaneously with The Gathering, so Xplorer Maps sent a second ”show team” to this show; an incredible new paradigm for our growing family business that we are extremely grateful for. Most excitedly, we signed a partnership agreement with The Lundgren Group who are now acting as our exclusive NorCal Rep Group. Below is a photo of our booth set up at SF Now 2022!
- Northern Michigan Gift Show held this year in Gaylord, Michigan, is always one of our favorite regional shows. Over the past two years, the Michigan line of products has emerged as our best-selling map design and we’re very fortunate to have an amazing Rep Group (Algers) spread our mission of connecting people and place as we surpass 200 accounts in the great state of Michigan!. Below is a photo of our National Sales Manager, Kevin Haveron in Michigan.
Fall Trade Show Schedule
Need to make wholesale orders with us? Visit our catalog here!
- Las Vegas Gift & Souvenir
- Smoky Mountains Gift Show (Gatlinburg, TN)
- Aramark Trade Show
- Ocean City Resort Show (Ocean City, MD)
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE
- Pouch Totes - full line of map pouch totes are now available!
As our business continues to grow, so does our team! Our in-house staff is vital to the operations and functioning of Xplorer Maps.
Zach Smith: Associate Warehouse Manager full time
Becca Robitaille and Asya Pringle: XM Q2 interns
...& HOPES FOR Q3 2022
1. We hope that inflation stabilizes and that gas prices go down so folks are able to get our and Xplore our public lands to foster a positive and genuine connection to place. Our hope is that you continue to "get out there" and find what connects you to a place.
2. Building a Team!
3. Philanthropy through map partnerships. With each Public Lands Alliance partnership we gain, we donate a portion of map proceeds back to that organization. Read more here about how Black Hills Parks & Forest will be using their donation money! Look out on our Social Media channels for next quarter's partnership highlights, listed below!
- July: North Cascades Institute
- August: Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association
- September: Alaska Geographic
4. New Map Releases
- Greater Northwest Passenger Rail
- Chesapeake Bay - our goal is to continue our expansion nationwide, but we are currently focused on the New England and Mid-Atlantic region.